Barend Ber Elieser Salomons Cohen-Kampen, died 21 Sep 1755 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 16 Tishre 5516 - the old Ber Kats Kampen., lives: , Barend Salomons and David Josephs acquire together a house and land at the Anthonis Breestr, between the Anthony Sluis and the Breede Voetsteeg.
fl. 7500,- is paid for this acquisition.
(G.A.A. Notarial Archives, Kwijtscheldingen 3555, Oud P4-123 - Sal v.Son in 'Ik zeg nu, nu', Amsterdam 1992), son of Eliaser Leizer Cohen and Jeruchama to:
Judith Gittele David Kampen, birth ± 1685, died 1772 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 2 Tishre 5533 - Gittele bat David Kampen, widow of Ber Cohen; former member and several years administrator of chevra kedosha Gemiluth Chasadim for women., daughter of David Joseph Kampen and Mirjam Nachman
1) Abigael Fegle Barend, birth 1700 Amsterdam, died 1784 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 19 Elul 5544 - Fegle, widow of Jochanan ben Kalman Renz; she was a member of chevra kedosha Gemiluth Chasadim of women.
Married 1720 Amsterdam, dtb 712/170; witn.groom: f.Salomon Alexander; witn.bride: f.Barend Salomon. to:
Jochem Jochanan Salomon Kalman Renz, birth 1698 Amsterdam, died 1764 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 5 Tishre 5525 - Jochanan ben pum Kalman Renz., son of Salomon Klonimus-Kalman Alexander Ziskind Renz and Bloeme Blimche Abraham Levie
2) Ester Barend Ber Cohen-Kampen, birth 1704 Amsterdam, died 14 Dec 1798 Nijkerk, buried at Jewish cemetery of Nijkerkerveen - Sara Esther bat Ber Kampen Kats, widow of the late pum k"h Simon Hamburger z.l.
Married 1722 Amsterdam, dtb 713/302; witn.groom: f.Nathan Magnus; witn.bride: f.Barend Salomon. to:
Simon Nathan Magnus v.Hamburg, birth 1702 Amsterdam, son of Nathan Magnus Menachem v.Hamburg and Wife of Nathan Neta
3) Joseph Barend Salomons Cohen-Kampen, birth 1707 Amsterdam, died 1763 London, info courtesy dr.ir.Fred Barends.
Married 9 Aug 1726 Amsterdam, dtb 715/327; witn.groom: f.Barend Salomon; witn.bride: f.Lazarus Wolf. to:
Anna Lazarus Wolf, birth 1709 Frankfurt, died 1766 London, info courtesy dr.ir.Fred Barends, daughter of Lazarus Leizer Wolf Simon-Wolf Oppenheimer and Knendele Michel
4) Philip Pinchas-Zelig Barend Yissachar-Ber Salomons Cohen-Kampen, birth 1709 Amsterdam, died 20 Jan 1776 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 28 Teveth 5536 - pum Zelig Cohen-Kampe; died suddenly.
Married 1729 Amsterdam, dtb 717/333; witn.groom: f.Barend Salomon; witn.bride: f.Elias Lazarus Zacharias.
Tnaim acharonim on 21 Aw 5489;
groom: bachelor naaleh Zelig Cohen, accompanied by father aluf katsin khr"r Yissachar Ber ben Elieser Leizer Cohen z.l;
bride: Rivka, accompanied by father aluf katsin pum torani khr"r Eli' ben mhor"r Elieser z.l. from Breslau;
brothers groom: naaleh Joseph, Nachman, Leib, Eizik, and Eli', Elyakim & Leizer < 13.
[the main act is from date mentioned; the additional acts, including an act on partnership between the groom and his father, are from 22 Tammuz 5489] to:
Rebecca Elias Breslau-Levie, birth 1713 Breslau, died 15 Jul 1761 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 13 Tammuz 5521 - Rivka, wife of Zelig Kampen., daughter of Elias Lazarus Breslau-Levie and N.N.
5) Levie Barend Yissachar-Ber Salomons cohen-Kampen, birth ± 1710 Amsterdam
Married ± 1733, no dtb;
no tnaim acharonim, nor tnaim rishonim.
on 23 Nissan 5493 appear before the trustees of the jewish community the brothers naaleh Joseph, naaleh Zelig, Nachman & Eizik, sons of aluf katsin khr"r Yissachar Ber hakohen m.h.l, and deliver a chalitsa act on behalf of Hendele bat late toran i mhor"r Isaac Ze(l)keli halevi z.l. Frenk, about to become their brother Leib Kats' spouse.
in an additional act their father aluf katsin khr"r Yissachar Ber ben late Elieser Leizer Cohen z.l. promises to produce such an act for his small sons Eli' & Leizer on the day they will become 13 yrs. of age. to:
Anna Hendele Isaac Zelkeli Frenk-Levie, birth ± 1710
6) Nathan Nachman Barend Salomons, died 20 Apr 1784 London, was married and had children
mentiond in Patent Rolls of 1752
- Rebecca, died in London 23 Oct 1823, unmarried
- Hannah, died in London 13 Dec 1826, unmarried
- Sarah, died in London 30 Dec 1822, unmarried
- Nathan, born in 1748, London, died 1 Feb 1825 Londen, marries in London on 18 Nov 1802 (possibly for the 2nd time) to Hester Aron Goldschmid. From his testament of 1821 conspires, that he had no children. Hester was born in London in abt 174 7 and died London, Jan 1811.
From her testament (1811) conspires, that she had children & grandchildren.
Nathan was partner in the bank Mocatta & Goldschmid.
[- Abraham Nachum[?] Hort Kampen]
[- Rachel Nachum[?] Hort Kampen, marries 28 May 1817 to Shlomo Jonah Levi (Great Synagogue)]
a posterior communication of dr. Barends stipulates, that Hort Kampen is certainly not related to the Salomons/Cohen-Kampen family. They issue from Poland, and were no Kohanim.
A grandson of this family, Abraham Hort, founds, as an emissary of the London rabbinate, a Jewish community in New Zealand. After bringing it to fruition, he returns to England.
(info courtesy of dr.ir.Fred Barends)
7) Schoontje Sjeine Barend Yissachar-Ber Salomons Cohen-Kampen, birth 1715 Amsterdam, died 13 May 1751 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 29 Ijar 5511 - wife of Moshe Ponts, daughter of Ber Kampen [?].
Married 1735 Amsterdam, dtb 721/53; witn.groom: guardian Philip Levie Gompert [Feibelman ben Leib Kleef]; witn.bride: f.Barend Salomon.
Tnaim acharonim on 1 Adar 5495;
groom: bachelor naaleh Moshe ben khr"r Aron Levie z.l, accompanied by his guardians katsin pum khr"r Itsak Kijser, katsin pum khr"r Feibelman Kleef & katsin khr"r Zelig Fles;
bride: Sjeine, accompanied by father aluf katsin khr"r Yissachar Ber ben Elieser Leizer z.l. Cohen; mother bride: Gittele bat pum khr"r David Kampe z.l;
the groom brings with him fl. 10.000,- which he transfers to his father-in-law as a business investment, in return wherefore he should receive bonds from his f.-in-law, according to the official deal to be made between them; the groom also receive s from his late father's estate 2 seats in the great synagogue; the groom should make up a marriage contract before a public notary. to:
Mozes Aron Levie, birth 1715 Amsterdam, son of Aron Mozes Levie and Judith Jutta Abraham Cohen
8) Isaac Eizik Barend Ber Salomons Cohen-Kampen, birth 1718 Amsterdam, died 19 Dec 1786 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: Eizik ben Ber Cohen Kampen., occupation: mohel Isaac Barend Salomons
Married 1743 Amsterdam, dtb 726/431; witn.groom: f.Barend Salomon; witn.bride: f.Elias Levie Gompert. to:
Bele Elias Levie Gompert, birth 1724 Kleef, died 16 Nov 1759 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery:
on 26 Cheshvan 5520 - Sara Beile bat Eli' Kleve, wife of Eizik Kampen.
(info courtesy of Dr.Ir.Fred Barends)
9) Elias Barend Salomons cohen-Kampen, birth 1721 Amsterdam, died 19 Feb 1760 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 2 Adar 5520 - Eli' ben Ber Kampen.
Married 1744 Amsterdam, dtb 727/92; witn.groom: f.Barend Salomon; witn.bride: f.Mozes Daniel. to:
Ester Mozes Daniel Nijmegen, birth 1723 Amsterdam, died 28 Feb 1791 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: Ester, widow of Eli' ben pum Ber Kampen., daughter of Mozes Daniel Tanchum Daniel Nijmegen and Bele Elkan Metz
10) Eliaser Leizer Barend Ber Salomons Cohen-Kampen, birth 1724 Amsterdam, died 7 Jan 1791 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: Leizer ben pum Ber Kampen; on Jan 6th recovered from the water.
Married 1746 Amsterdam, dtb 728/355; witn.groom: f.Barend Salomon; bride widow of Salomon Gets Haas. to:
Roosje Reizche Jacob Jokeb de Jong Rotterdam, birth 1727 Amsterdam, died 1766 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 3 Ijar 5526 - Reizche bat Jokeb Rotterdam, wife of Leizer ben Ber Kampen. 1st marriage 2nd marriage, daughter of Jacob Jokeb Jacob-Mozes Moshe-Kosman de Jonge R"D-Segal and Hadas Isaac Schiff Schats-Kats
11) Sara Barend Salomons Cohen-Kampen, birth 1725 Amsterdam
Married 1748 Amsterdam, dtb 729/435; witn.groom: f.Isaac Alexander Kijser; witn.bride: f.Barend Salomon. to:
Leon Leib Isaac Itsak Kijser, birth 1717 Amsterdam, died 13 Aug 1756 Amsterdam, Muiderberg cemetery: on 17 Aw 5516 - Leib ben Itsak Kezer; member of chevra kedosha Gemiluth Chasadim., son of Isaac Itsak Alexander Ziskind Kijser Bachrach and N.N. Abraham Liebman
12) Mirjam Barend Yissachar-Ber Salomons cohen-Kampen
Married ± 1751, on 3 Ijar 5511 some acts relating to this marriage are made up before the rabbinate of Amsterdam.
The groom: Moshe Alexander Ziskind ben pum hr"r Itsak Kijser z.l;
the bride: Mirjam bat hr"r Yissachar Ber Kats Kampe;
father bride: Yissachar Ber ben Elieser Leizer z.l. Kats Kampe;
committed for the future signing of a chalitsa-act by the small brothers of the groom: groom's brother [and bride's sister's husband] katsin hr"r Judaleib ben pum hr"r Itsak Kijser z.l;
additional brothers groom: Abraham & Leizer <13.
The chuppa seems to take place elsewhere, probably in London. to:
Alexander Ziskind Isaac Itsak Kijser, son of Isaac Itsak Alexander Ziskind Kijser Bachrach and N.N. Abraham Liebman